Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Fictional Ride on the Go

Written by Unknown at 7:20 AM
“The great miraculous bell of translucent ice is suspended in mid-air. It rings to announce endings and beginnings. And it rings because there is fresh promise and wonder in the skies. Its clear tones resound in the placid silence of the winter day, and echo long into the silver-blue serenity of night. The bell can only be seen at the turning of the year, when the days wind down into nothing, and get ready to march out again. When you hear the bell, you feel a tug at your heart. It is your immortal inspiration.” 

The bell is ringing and I suppose it suggests a beginning. A beginning where I can get a whiff of another twist in my plot. Where I can get my pen again and start writing the affairs of my utopian yet dystopian journey through the years ahead.


I am the lone fictional character of my novel entitled '2014.' I even starred in the realistic drama Reply 2013 where  I considered it as a memoir of myself- to the seventh heaven to wretchedness. I had been there. And I always will.


Majority of us are in the trend for the New Year, New Me stuff. And I'm not a part of that. I mean, who would want to have a 'new me' in a 'new year'? Maybe others do but not me. I don't want to be new. To give emphasis on that, I want to stay being who I am. The silhouette who accompanied me through my sixteen years of existence. I want to stay being the person who have escaped the trials of the past with scars and bruises at the present. I don't want to change. What I want is to be mended and fixed for the betterment of  all and sundry. In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show. Janet Fitch's words just keep on creeping me out.


“Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!

This bright new year is given me
To live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best!

I have the opportunity
Once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree,
And sing more joyful songs!” 


Well, well, I guess it's time to officially sing farewell for 2013. It's time to open the book, to write in the blank canvas and wish for 1982 strokes of luck this 2014!




0 comments:

 

Jaziree Mia Copyright © 2012 Antonia Sundrani