Friday, October 11, 2013

The Protagonists

Written by Unknown at 2:10 AM

     “In a room where
      people unanimously maintain
      a conspiracy of silence,
      one word of truth
      sounds like a pistol shot.” 


     I can fly. I can walk through water. I can run with just a flick of a finger. I can teleport wherever. I hereby assert the ''truth'' that all of these I can do because of them. Because of my parents.

     In Greek mythology, a hero is a warrior, a protector and often a demigod who is a supernatural being or a deity who has done great enough to attain a divine prominence. But in my own perspective, a hero is someone who has sacrificed a lot of things just for the good of all. And I believe that within our own abode I can find principled people who has taught me to become the person I am now. Salutations for my parents!

     Through thick and thin, my parents are always there for me more than the job of a 'super'hero. They feed me, nurture me, provide a safe and sound shelter bounded with affection and trust. They love me wholeheartedly. That's why I consider myself fortunate.

     Having superheroes in life doesn't mean you have people that you idolize and look up to them as superiors or power-handed beings. It is about having two persons who brought you in and introduced you to life. And with this essence, I'd like to say that they are the protagonists of my life.


"A hero is a man who does what he can."

0 comments:

 

Jaziree Mia Copyright © 2012 Antonia Sundrani